Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Wed Dec 17 10:57:28 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:04, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> While I don't want to discount this, I'd like to state here the
> problem with it.  GNOME is basically on a 6-month cycle.  We are
> trying to go just a trifle faster than 6 months; we say 2-3 times
> a year.  To go that fast, we will narrowly miss a GNOME release,

Though I think that Fedora will like to go for a 2-3 times a year
release, I think a 2 time a year release will probably be more
appropriaate, and more realistic as well.

You might not even get a "new" version of KDE, and remember, we don't
want to install beta software on this 2-3 times/year release.

So, let's stick to reality, and try to release twice a year. At least
this allows people/administrators to not run away from the Fedora
project. There's nothing worse than having to:

1. download 3 CD's every 3-4 months
2. install it
3. have it break something(s)

If this is the Fedora case, I see people moving quickly away.
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/