Gnome and KDE sharing the same Desktop folder

André Oriani aoriani at linuxmail.org
Thu Dec 18 14:50:12 UTC 2003

Hi, I'm new to the list, so I don't know if we have had some discussion about Gnome and KDE sharing the same Desktop folder on FC1.
I've used RedHat since version 8 , and always  these destop enviroments have differents directories for Desktop. I've upgrade to Fedora from RH9 an I got a mess!! Desktop items that mount a device from Kde don't work  in Gnome and 'vice-versa'.
I hope that in FC2 KDE and Gnome come back to use different folders.

André Oriani
Computer's Engeneering
Federal University of São Carlos-Brasil