Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Dec 18 15:36:12 UTC 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, seth vidal wrote:

> > > Б─╒ Pine does not support UTF-8; neither it is likely to support UTF-8 any
> > > time soon.
> > Pine have supported UTF-8 with a little patch. Pine is used by me on my
> > Fedora and I want to see it on Linux.
>
> That's nice. Then you can package it up for yourself. But 1. it's not
> allowed to be redistributed in that way 2. it's got some other issues
> that the pkg maintainer from red hat has worried with.
>
> it's best if pine goes away.

Maybe but the real problem is that there is no replacment for it.

And no mutt is not a replacment. It is too different and too hard to
configure. That is one of the strengths of pine it is simple to setup and
use. Mutt is not intuitive at all. At least not for me.

Apparently there are other people who agree with me or pine would have died
a long time ago.

Just my $.02