D-Link DWL120+ USB WLAN card support

Mako Gabor makgab at freemail.hu
Fri Dec 19 07:06:10 UTC 2003

18-Dec-2003 fedora-devel-list-request at redhat.com:
> From: Joshua Eichorn <jeichorn at joshuaeichorn.com>:
>
> There is a great deal of maybe/maybe not when dealing with the D-Link
> USB WLAN card.  From my research it looks like it can have 2 or 3
> different chipsets in it so it might work depending on which one you have.
>
> If you have a newer one its not supported out of the box, and those look
> like the right driver.  However I ran into a lot of problems using the
> wlan-ng drivers including segfaults depending on which usb driver i was
> using.

There is a caption "DSP - Texas Instrument Technology" on the box of device.
So it can contain "Texas Ins." chipset.

I installed the packages:
kernel-wlan-ng-0.2.1-pre14.i686.rpm
kernel-wlan-ng-modules-fc1.1.2115-0.2.1-pre14.athlon.rpm
kernel-wlan-ng-usb-0.2.1-pre14.i686.rpm.

The "kernel-wlan-ng-modules-fc1.1.2115-0.2.1-pre14.athlon.rpm" package didn't
write "unresolved symbols" errors at install (I have AMD Athlon XP CPU). :)

When I use the device it wrote "...seems device is not present". So doesn't it
support the TI chipset? :(

Bye!
Gabor