Excessive package interdependency

Fri Dec 19 08:49:31 UTC 2003

Le ven 19/12/2003 à 06:56, Jeremy Katz a écrit :
> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 17:18, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > That's why virtual bundles should be "loose" and not mandatory links
> > like current package deps. They'd be used to register "areas of
> > interest", with the user prompted when one of the installed bundles
> > perimeter changed (ie you have the Gnome bundle installed - Gnome has
> > been expanded to include metacity-cd-burner do you want to install it ?)
>
> Not really... then you have to differentiate "new" vs "there before, you
> just chose not to install it" which gets back to the problems I already
> stated :(

Well just remember when a group member is explicitely not
selected/uninstalled. I know it's nice to force software on users so
they can test it;) but I can tell you that from a user POV combing rpm
-qa, removing stuff (-e --nodeps) and playing with --justdb to untangle
the result is irritating at times.

Cheers

--
Nicolas Mailhot