XFS in Fedora Core 2

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Fri Dec 19 16:37:16 UTC 2003

Dave Jones wrote:

> Some of the SGI folks were very keen on us getting XFS into FC1, but
> time constraints meant it didn't happen. If upstream maintainers of
> various filesystems were happy to get involved and pick up any
> JFS/XFS/Reiserfs/etc.. bugs from bugzilla and work on them, I'd feel a
          ^^^^^^^^
;-)

Hans Reiser in FOSDEM[1]:

"[...]
Also note that RedHat propagates our bugfixes to its flavor of the kernel
only when it syncs with the official kernel, which is not often. RedHat
simply refuses to take bugfixes even if we send them. The other distros
are all responsible about ReiserFS bugfixes, as they aren't trying to
market leverage. Oh well, at least we shamed RedHat into not turning on
the reiserfs debug option in their kernel so that users will think we are
slow anymore. I wish they would understand that this isn't what open source
is supposed to be about, they are a good company in so many other ways, ah
well, real human beings with egos on the line and all that. I still keep
trying to convince them that we should all just get along and kill off
Microsoft....;-)
If something bad happens, the most important thing to do is to upgrade to
the latest fsck.
[...]"

[1] http://www.fosdem.org/2004/index/interviews/interviews_reiser