XFS in Fedora Core 2

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Fri Dec 19 23:11:03 UTC 2003

Alan Cox wrote:

> Hans Reiser doesn't like Red Hat. Quite why he thinks a vendor should take
> arbitary patches for an fs that isnt heavily supported and may break fs's that
> are is a bit of mystery

nor ext3:

"ReiserFS V3 in the official kernel is much more stable than ext3 for a simple
reason: we shipped first, and had longer to stabilize. I would say that
historically we have always been more stable than ext3 was at the same moment
in time in the official kernel, but that both filesystems were unstable in their
beginnings."

making friends  X-D