2.6 kernel patches

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 23:20:18 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 18:14 -0500, Stan Bubrouski wrote:
> BTW, something on my wishlist would be every-so-often if rawhide ISO
> images could be made, like every couple weeks, or even monthly would be
> cool.  And I'm not talking about you guys maintaining the old ones, the
> new ones would replace the old images to save space, that sort of
> thing.  It would help us testers who keep a few separate installs going
> more easily try out the development packages without having to install
> FC1 and then install a thousand rawhide packages on multiple installs
> ;-)

Although ISOs are nice in some cases, they're also not so nice in
others ;)  They're somewhat permanent, you don't get a lot of advantages
with rsync, etc.  Having them sort of implies that they've been somewhat
tested.  Having rawhide installable is right now basically zero cost --
it's there, if it works great, if not, oh well.   And we get to having
test releases with ISOs anyway :)

My recommendation for testing the devel tree is to keep a copy somewhere
and then do nfs or http installs.  You could even have fun with squid
and not make a local mirror for http installs if you really really
wanted to ;)

Cheers,

Jeremy