Self Introduction: Ed Hill

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Dec 22 02:13:22 UTC 2003

Full legal name:
  Edward H. Hill III

Country, City:
  Malden, MA, U.S.A.

Profession or Student status:
  post-doctoral researcher: http://www.eh3.com/resume.html

Company or School:
  MIT

Your goals in the Fedora Project
  Which packages do you want to see published?
    I'd like to see netCDF (re-)added to the package list:
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/
      http://mitgcm.org/eh3/netCDF/

  Do you want to do QA?
    Sure, as my free time allows.

  Anything else special?
    I'd like to see Fedora run on AMD64, particularly
    dual-CPU systems.

Historical qualifications
  What other projects have you worked on in the past?
    I've mostly worked on esoteric stuff:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/qaxa/
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/ssnooper/
      http://mitgcm.org/
    My closest brush with a popular project were some small
    patches submitted (and promptly rejected!) for support
    of certain PTP camera features within GPhoto2.

  What computer languages and other skills do you know?
    C/C++, Fortran, bash, PERL, LaTeX, XML/SGML, PHP, ...

  Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?
    I've been using Red Hat Linux pretty much exclusively
    since 1997.  I've been an active participant in a number
    of LUGs and have put a lot of time into InstallFests and
    teaching folks how to use OSS and Free Software.  But is
    that really any reason to *trust* me?  ;-)

GPG KEYID and fingerprint:
  pub  1024D/1E76F123 2001-12-23 Edward H. Hill III (edhill eh3) \
   <ed at eh3.com>
  Key fingerprint = 5BDE 4DA1 66BE 4F7B BC17  3A0C 932B 7266 1E76 \
   F123
  sub  1024g/04A3BCE6 2001-12-23

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com