Fedora Core 2 wishlists

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Mon Dec 22 16:43:27 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 09:00, Lenz Grimmer wrote:

> >   [http://www.washington.edu/pine/faq/legal.html]
>
> So what's so difficult about simply asking for permission then? That's
> what SuSE did, and their version of Pine includes quite a number of
> patches.

SuSE in the past have not had the same view of the subsidiary rights of
their users as Red Hat has. It could be that they were a German company
and didnt have to worry too much about US contractual vaguaries (and
vice versa). I am thinking that a lot of these items will be part of the
'paring down' of SuSE distrobution that was mentioned in one of the
Novell interviews.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645