FC2 Whishlist: individual package selection during install

Tue Dec 23 12:48:26 UTC 2003

Sean Estabrooks wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:53:02 -0200
> romildo at uber.com.br wrote:
>

>>>What about (re-)enabling the individual selection of package during
>>>installation like it used to be in the RH times?
>>

> Shouldn't the goal be to make the installation process as small as
> possible and allow such changes after installation using standard tools?

I don't see the point of doing an incomplete installation and then try
to fixup it afterwards. This is no way to help users - it's not as if
package selection was interfering with normal installation.

Individual selection has been there for years. People rely on it.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot