MAS is finally added to freedesktop.org!!

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Dec 24 20:28:27 UTC 2003

Shahms King wrote:
> (*especially with arts!*).  Of the three "supported" options (NAS, ESD,
> arts) esd is definitely the most stable (not saying much) and the sheer

"I don't know why and I'm not yet motivated to fix it since my views on
esd are mostly unprintable."
- Alan Cox (currently at the top of http://www.xmms.org
  "esound is junk. The only thing esd has is a good client API for going
boing at approximately the right time. Anything else is beyond it."
- Alan Cox (used to be on xmms.org)

Alan, is this still true?  I've been always about why specifically these
quotes were there.  (Yes it seems to me that esd has always been
problematic, and I am equally unhappy about arts, but I don't know
anything about the technical reasons.)

Warren