further development of libuser's LDAP module

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 25 22:34:30 UTC 2003

Hi!

While using libuser's LDAP module, I think I've found that it's not
complete. The fact is that several operations, like adding users and
groups try to invoke "lu_ldap_set" libuser's function, which in turn,
uses ldap_modify_s().

The problem here is that can't expect ldap_modify_s() to succeed in
creating a user or group account when the underlying LDAP entry does not
exist. The real fact is that I've been unable to use "luseradd" and
"lgroupadd" to add users and groups to my LDAP backend.

Thus, I've modified and redeveloped the LDAP module of libuser a little
bit and I think I've got a 100%, fully functional LDAP backend module
which can be used to add, delete and modify user and group accounts.

Are you interested in me posting a unified diff/patch (or the whole
sources)? Please, say yes ;-) This is a very interesting piece of
software I'm using in a real proyect to migrate a stinking farm of NT4
boxes to Linux + Samba 3.0 and LDAP.

Thanks!