cipe

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 20:55:05 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 03:29:28PM -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> I know to use bugzilla, others may not. Perhaps the "message too big"
> response could point patch submissions to bugzilla?

Jeremy's response was probably right -- good to be able to review patches
in email.

> Well, a kernel built with this (and CONFIG_CIPE3=m and CONFIG_CIPE4=m)
> generates two modules:
> cipcb.o (v3)
> cipdb.o (v4)
>
> If you need to connect to a v3 machine, use the cipcb.o module, v4, the
> latter.

Or, more to the purpose: cipcb<n> and cipdb<n> as interface names.

> Admittedly, the userspace needs some fixups too. Basically, the cipe
> package needs to be split into a v3/v4 manner (think krb, but not quite
> so bad), so that you install what you need. However, getting the kernel
> to support it is the first step. I'm planning on doing the userspace
> work at some point this week. :)

No need to split into multiple cipe userspace packages (there's not
a separate kernel package for each of the two cipe modules) -- it
just needs to do the right thing automatically in each case.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/