Perl module rpm dependency problem

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Jul 31 21:44:36 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 00:17, Jos Vos wrote:

> > Those files do not have a package of their own, instead they blend into
> > the XML::SAX::PurePerl package.  And perl allows one to use() them using
> > the fully qualified, "fake" package name (based on the dir structure, I
> > believe).
>
> What about packaging XML-SAX-PurePerl?  Shouldn't that solve the
> problem?

Hm, by XML::SAX::PurePerl "package" I meant the Perl module "namespace",
not a RPM or any other package.  And the PurePerl modules are already
part of the XML-SAX CPAN distribution.  Or did I miss something here?

>   I have to admit I don't know much about this area, but
> I needed XML-SAX because it is required by XML-LibXML.

Good luck!  Tried it too and had to give up because of (IIRC) some
libxml2 weirdness/incompatibilities (RHL9); "make test" resulted in
segfaults, be sure to run it :)

(libxml2 2.5.4 isn't explicitly listed in
http://search.cpan.org/src/PHISH/XML-LibXML-1.54/README but 2.5.5 is
"known as broken"...)

--
\/