other window managers

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Jul 22 21:02:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 10:40:21AM -0700, Lawrence Mao wrote:
> > Just wondering whether RedHat or somebody else is
> > thinking about adding other lightweights window
> > managers besides that BlueCurve like Xfce, Fluxbox, or
> > Fvwm!  BlueCurve is nice but I don't need all those
> > bells and whistles.  I want something (window manager)
> > that is fast and doesn't take up a lot of system
> > resources...
> >

> We aren't thinking of doing this ourselves at Red Hat, but alternative
> WMs are a prime example of the kind of package we'd like to see added
> to Red Hat Linux by others.

<hijacked this thread to a more appropriate mailing list ;-) >

Okay. I've got a fairly complete package of Openbox
<http://www.openbox.org/> -- IMHO probably the best of the Blackbox family
(blackbox, fluxbox, etc.) -- that I put together for fedora.

How do I go about submitting this package? I'll bugzilla it against the
distro for now, but what happens then?

later,
chris