Inclusion of cyrus-imapd and mimedefang

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jul 23 18:20:05 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 11:01, Howard Owen wrote:
> Building cyrus imapd from source isn't all that bad. But
> you also need sasl2. For my RH 7.3 setup I installed cyrus-sasl-2.1.13
> with a  simple ./configure;make;make install. For cyrus-imapd-2.1.12, it
> was ./configure  --with-krb=no --with-auth=unix;make;make install

No, it's not, but I have several installations, so I prefer that they be
reproducible.  I also just used the back-ported cyrus-sasl2 packages.

> You then have to create /etc/sasldb2 and add at least one user/password
> with saslpasswd2. Finally, chown cyrus /etc/sasldb2. Set your saslauth
> scheme in /etc/imapd.conf and your authentication is set.

You don't need sasldb2 if you're not actually using it.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * *  Linux Services for Small Businesses  * * * * * *
*       Easy, reliable solutions for small businesses       *
*    Naked Ape Business Server http://nakedape.cc/r/sms     *