people.redhat.com index

André Kelpe fs111 at web.de
Thu Jul 24 10:39:31 UTC 2003

Am Mit, 2003-07-23 um 21.21 schrieb Paul Nasrat:
> Seeing as we're being wonderfully open, any chance the wonderfull index
> page at people.redhat.com could be removed so there is the directory
> index instead.  Not to worry if not.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul

I wrote a small workaround in perl to get an working index.html. Don't
laugh I'm a beginner, but it works. It uses the fact that the ftp access
to people.redhat.com is still wide open and a simple ls on it gives me
all the directory names:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Net::FTP;

$ftp = Net::FTP->new("people.redhat.com", Debug => 0);
$ftp->login("anonymous",'me at test.net');
$ftp->cwd("/");
@data=$ftp->ls("/");
$ftp->quit;

print("<body>");

foreach $a(@data)
{
	chomp($a);
}

print("</body></html>");

Save this to getIndex.pl, them make it runnable an redirect the output
to a html-file, like ./getIndex.pl > index.html

HTH

regards André