Warren' rejection of cooperation with other repos

Sat Nov 8 18:01:11 UTC 2003

Le sam 08/11/2003 à 17:59, Jesse Keating a écrit :

> On Saturday 08 November 2003 04:09, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > I am sorry to hear that you still think you were doing the Right
> > Thing (TM).
> >
> > When Fedora (US) was being formed it attracted many repo maintainers
> > like freshrpms, newrpms, dag and many others including myself. They
> > hoped for a coordination institution within fedora, which should
> > provide
>
> So it would seem that you're going to discount Warren's package naming
> scheme, mearly because there is bad blood between him and some other
> package repots?  Great... thats nice.

Nobody wrote so here. Quite the contrary - a lot of people are/were
expecting to do a new start with the new fedora and forget old history.
And that means working out something were multiple repositories can
coexist peacefully.
Answers like "there is no need for 3rd party repositories" do not help
at all.

--
Nicolas Mailhot