Questions about some default packages Fedora project

Didier Casse didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg
Sun Nov 2 06:56:03 UTC 2003

Hi,
   I'm new at this Fedora concept and I would like to ask the following
questions:

1. How come we only have a limited number of Window Managers in Fedora?
i.e only (GNOME, KDE and twm)

Why don't we include more robust or eye-candy desktops such as Fluxbox,
Enlightenment, XFCE, etc... ?

2. If we have created some of our own programs, for instance I created
pdfmerge/pdfmerge4unix (program which merges any number of pdf files),
[I know it's a small thing but it was just an example! ;-p]
which is on SF.net, and I wish to make it available to the Fedora
project/users since it's a useful program. Where do I submit my rpm
packages to?

Is it possible to make it available to apt-repositories of Fedora?

3. Why don't we have a lot of packagers available at hand compared to
Debian? I think all of you are aware that the apt of Debian covers a wider
range of packages than Fedora/RH.

Debian also have several maintainers which takes care of all their
packages issues. Why don't we have the same concept in Fedora?

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: slsbdfc at nus dot edu dot sg \or\
didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg
Website: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg