Questions about some default packages Fedora project

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sun Nov 2 10:54:16 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 00:33, Stephan Windischmann wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 10:30, Didier Casse wrote:
> > But you still can get support from the Enlightenment team! I currently use
> > Enlightenment and I'm often on their mailing list. I can tell you that
> > they (and including me!) can provide full support for anybody who use
> > E desktop on any distro. I currently use RH9 and willing to help anybody
> > who has problems with E on RH9.
> Then the Enlightenment team (or any other projects team) should set up
> their own apt/yum repository for RH/Fedora.

Wrong.  The enlightenment team should submit their official package to
fedora QA for inclusion in the community's repository.

> Due to different philosophies, I doubt that Fedora iseer going to have
> repositories as big as Debian, so for a number of projects, we will have
> to rely on 3d party repositories.

Wrong again.  3rd party repositories will only be necessary mainly for
packages that cannot exist in Fedora due to license or legal reasons.
This is very similar to Debian's situation.

Warren