Questions about some default packages Fedora project

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Mon Nov 3 18:45:31 UTC 2003

> Should be. The general favourite seems to be yum but apt works too. I'm
> not sure if yum direct off sf.net works with all their weird redirect
> stuff

no, the crazy redirects from sf don't work for any of the downloaders
I've seen, so far.

Also work is continuing on providing a common metadata format for
apt/yum/redcarpet/up2date and others. If we succeed in a new format then
there will be no real difference b/t an apt repository and a yum
repository.

it will simply be a package repository. (and much rejoicing will be
heard, hopefully ;)

-sv