AMD 64 support

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Mon Nov 3 20:27:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 12:16, Pete Bradbury wrote:
> So should I infer from what you are saying that the AMD 64 port is some way
> off in the distant future and that until Fedora on the '86 platform is
> stabilised work is unlikely to proceed for this new processor?

At least one person is working on an AMD64 build in his spare time.  Red
Hat has made no official statements on native x86_64 support one way or
the other, but it's probably safe to assume that it's not a high
priority for now.

You should expect 32-bit Fedora to just run out of the box on AMD64
systems.

	<b