AMD 64 support

Rik van Riel riel at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 21:12:57 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Mike Snitzer wrote:

> Sure, I'd imagine (based on previous mails you've sent) you are one of
> those people.  But the fact remains that RedHat Inc. has full-blown
> support for a native x86_64 install in RHELv3; yet they haven't said a
> word about offering that technology to Fedora.

All the RHEL3 source rpms are available for download;
the Fedora Core userspace RPMs are most likely already
being compiled for AMD64.

We just need some volunteers to pull things together
and put the AMD64 patches from Taroon into Fedora Core
(which is more work than it sounds, because the Taroon
kernel is close to RHL9, while Fedora is closer to the
upstream 2.4 kernel).