Re: Question about development languages

Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu>:
> One thing I found about Python is that it's quite easy to write
> Python code on the first day, and it's the best choice for GUI
> apps.  But it's by no means a good replacement for sophisticated
> shell scripts. (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm an expert shell programmer.  But since I started using Python, I no
longer use shell for anything with control structure in it.  One liners,
yes, but anything more complex seems to me to be more natural as a
Python program.  Nothing new about this; Perl fans say the same thing
about Perl.