Software Installation Question

Anthony Saffer anthony at safferconsulting.com
Tue Nov 4 21:18:02 UTC 2003

Hello Again Everyone,

I've decided to go ahead and write a cron/at GUI scheduler in Perl/Tk. While
I know that it might not making into the distribution, I still could offer
it as an alternative to the one that does make it in. Since I've never
developed software for Linux before (aside from a few C programs that I
controlled where things went) I'm not sure how to handle installation. Let's
say someone downloads my program (presumably contained in one Perl file) do
THEY decide where to place it or is this something I need to provide an
installer script for?

Thanks!
Anthony Saffer

SCS Consulting Services
Professional Software and Website Development
Affordable Webhosting also Available
Visit: http://www.safferconsulting.com