RH recommends using Windows? plus a Question!

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Wed Nov 5 10:30:00 UTC 2003

Aaargh, forget my proposition... it is stupid because it needs the user
to _know_ what hardware he has and fill everything himself. I understand
that a GUI application would have the advantage to be able to
"auto-detect" the hardware and do most of the work for the user.

That said, it could still be done the following way:

 - When you click on "report my hardware", a cookie is generated
containing all the information required automatically.
 - The website is opened, reads the cookie and pre-fills the form
 - The user can modify the defaults choices and validates

The drawback:

 - if your navigator is configured to refuse cookies, you're screwed...

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>