A presentation

tony tony at tgds.net
Wed Nov 5 11:23:33 UTC 2003

Le mer 05/11/2003 à 08:16, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :

> Perhaps I'm missing something, but AFAIK both mplayer and xine
> from rpm.livna.org work perfectly. (using myself)

With hardware mpeg2 acceleration? on a M10000?

mplayer uses > 90% CPU and sound drops off very quickly (memory leak)
xine plays video but not sound and without hardware acceleration uses
> 60% CPU

Via version of xine (VeXP) uses 35% CPU. But it is a buggy as (your word
goes here).

ogle plays sound and not video to complete the list.

The support for Epia M is on its way (I think a certain Alan Cox may be
working on it) but for now the Via stuff has best performance.

Cheers

Tony Grant
--
WWW.tgds.net | Logiciels de gestion de centre d'art | Hébergement de
bases de données en ligne | hush - ordinateurs silencieux pour