Hardware Database

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Wed Nov 5 22:16:04 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 23:06, Alan Cox wrote:
> One thing in favour of a generic format however (eg XML) is that
> someone could write a windows version. That way you can also
> collect stats on stuff that doesnt work..

There's nothing that prevent a window based tool
to generate a flat text file in the line of
the format I proposed (you just have to be imaginative
for :command: sections :). A specialized boot disk or ISO
could also do the job and write the file on
a vfat fs (USB key?) if any is available, then you could
use your favorite Windows & Internet Explorer version
to upload the resulting file.

The ultimate advantage over XML is that you could post
it to lkml or any linux list when you have a problem without getting
flames about HTML mails not allowed :) :).

Laurent