Hardware Database

Maxwell Kanat-Alexander maxka at myrealbox.com
Thu Nov 6 00:39:26 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 14:06, Alan Cox wrote:
> One thing in favour of a generic format however (eg XML) is that
> someone could write a windows version. That way you can also
> collect stats on stuff that doesnt work..

	Another thing in favor of it is that it's flexible. We're not in a
hurry to make the system, so why not make it as flexible as possible?

	Of course, this is still the "throw ideas around" stage. Whatever we
decide here is best will probably be the initial roadmap of the project,
though even that's subject to change over time.

	-M