FC2 release dates

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Thu Nov 6 16:25:32 UTC 2003

Chris Adams wrote:

> Hmm, I think an idea of what the goal of FC2 will be should come first.
> An obvious one: switch to kernel 2.6?  The goals will somewhat drive the
> dates.

You development people always look at things in such a myopic way, like
its the content that actually matters as compared to the perception. Yer
totally missing the obvious PR opportunities here.

What better way to say i love you...than with a valentines fedora beta.
Kiss me I'm Irish AND i run Fedora beta2.

And the big PR winner. A release just before the USA tax-day...would
mean you could get LUGs to burn cds and hand them out to the people
standing in line at the big post-offices trying to get their taxes in
under the wire. Can't you see the obvious PR spin involving the concept
of unfair taxation and fedora linux as a generously offered solution to
that emotional and economic heartache.

Successful volunteer movements typically have an eye out for useful PR
opportunities. Maybe its not a driving force...but its a mitigating
one....and something to think about.

-jef"the 5% nation of Casio tones"spaleta