FC2 release dates

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu Nov 6 17:29:21 UTC 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> Successful volunteer movements typically have an eye out for useful PR
> opportunities. Maybe its not a driving force...but its a mitigating
> one....and something to think about.

I think if marketing were a driving concern for this project, a more
marketable name for releases than "Fedora Core" would have been chosen. I
have a classful of students here who just watched me install it. Comments,
in order, on watching it boot for the first time:

0. Graphical bootup was universally liked
1. Click-through licensing in firstboot was either amusing or annoying,
depending on the student
2. Universal confusion as to why it said Fedora Core all over the place.
Even after I explained the Core / Extras / Legacy / etc. business, still
disliking.

> -jef"the 5% nation of Casio tones"spaleta

You should've gone for "the 5% nation of harmful free radicals" instead ;-)

later,
chris