FC2 release dates

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Thu Nov 6 19:52:25 UTC 2003

Chris Adams wrote:

> Hmm, I think an idea of what the goal of FC2 will be should come first.
> An obvious one: switch to kernel 2.6?  The goals will somewhat drive the
> dates.

I think a good choice is to provide native ACL support for the file
system. many people I know want this feature a lot to control their
files on server, specially when used by large groups of people.

I don't know if the implementation is stable enough, but I think when
kernel 2.6 arrives, it'll be a good "ride" to implement native ACL
support in the file system.

I mean native = easy access and documented procedure on how to work with
ACL on files and such :)

[]'s
Hugo