location of up2date cvs

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Thu Nov 6 21:07:57 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 02:43:19PM -0500, Stan Bubrouski wrote:
> It seems to frequently lock-up due to errors in underlying python
> libraries when it recieves something unexpected fro mthe server.  I've
> found myself only running up2date from a shell so I can see the output
> and know when it is locked up.

Me Too(tm)

I filed this right after the Red Hat 9 release (unfortunately I didn't
do much testing of the betas between Red Hat 8.0 and 9), as bug 88349.
IIRC, Red Hat 8.0's up2date did *not* have this problem -- tracebacks
appeared in their own dialog boxes. (It could be some other component
that changed and caused this problem, for all I know.)

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>