i18n issues, was: FC2 release

Pedro Morais pmmm at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Fri Nov 7 00:34:25 UTC 2003

Em Quinta 06 Novembro 2003 19:22, Jef Spaleta escreveu:
> One thing i REALLY want to see as early as possible is to get the people
> with accessibility concerns talking ASAP about a priority list of
> concerns they want to see addressed in the next distro. Being blindsided
> late in the last beta about lilo vs grub accessibility was totally
> uncool.

Another "acessibility" issue is internationalization; the current process
isn't bad at all, but could be improved.
I was unfortunately very busy during this beta period (only managed to follow
the mailling lists and update portuguese translations), so I can't really
complain, but I kept i18n stats at 100% at almost all tims, and certainly at
the freeze point I'm sure that only the anaconda docs has a couple of
untranlated, and still there are powerdown messages in english (in the middle
of portuguese messages, so it's not a "too late for i18n issue") and, even
worse, up2date/rhn_register is half translated/half in english.

Clearly there's room for improvement.

--
Pedro Morais - morais at kde.org - http://www.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~pmmm/