Distags in rpm sort order (yes, versioning again ;)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 7 10:50:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:35:48AM +0100, Axel Thimm wrote:
> No comments from RH? Should every repository and its cat come up with
> its own scheme creating more compatibility problems in the future?

Well, this thread is becoming old and boring and is like beating a
dead horse, so I am giving up ;)

While I personally think that scheme A (e.g. using fedora like
disttags for past RH releases) would solve the problems best, it only
makes sense to me, if that would become a standard, and not only
something atrpms follows.

Since neither RH nor any other repo really commented on this
(constructively that is ;), I guess it means repos will go wild with
supporting multiple RH/FC releases. I for my part will use scheme B
(numbering FC with something higher than rh9, e.g. rh9.1, similar to
Rex Dieter's suggestion a while back).

I wash my hands in innocence ;)

Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de