Packages licenses

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Fri Nov 7 15:47:13 UTC 2003

hi,

I have extracted the 'License' tag of all RH9 packages, sorry FC1 is not here yet.
And I see a chaotic style, duplicates... A  clearer policy and style should be used
in Fedora.

idea?
Maybe, rpmbuild should check 'License' against a list of OSI compatible licenses,
otherwise a -nocl (--noOSIcompatiblelicense) flag should be used to build it.

--cut--
3DFX GLIDE Source Code General Public License
Apacheish
Apache Software License
Arphic Public License (GPL-like)
Artistic
BSD
BSD/GPL
BSDish
BSD-like
BSD-like and LGPL
BSD-style
Copyright © 1999-2002 Red Hat, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2002 Red Hat, Inc.  All rights reserved.
distributable
Distributable
Distributable (BSD-like)
Distributable under Licenses
eGenix.com Public License (Python)
FDL
Free
freely distributable
Freely distributable
Freely Distributable
Freely redistributable
Freely Redistributable
Free, no warranties.
freeware
Freeware
GNU General Public License
GNU GPL
GNU GPL Version 2
GPL
GPL2
GPL and Artistic
GPL/BSD
GPL/distributable
GPL, LGPL
GPL/LGPL
GPL/LGPL/GFDL
GPL/MIT
GPL / new BSD License / other
GPL (not Firmware)
GPL or artistic
GPL or Artistic
GPL or BSD
GPL (programs), relaxed LGPL (libraries), and public domain (docs)
GPL/QPL
GPL, URW holds copyright
GPL/XFree86
IBM Public License
LaTeX Project Public License (http://www.latex-project.org/lppl.txt)
LGPL
LGPL and GPL
LGPL/GPL
MIT
MIT, freely distributable.
MPL
OMRON Corporation, OMRON Software Co., Ltd.
Open Group Public License
OpenLDAP
OSI certified
PSF - see LICENSE
public domain
Public domain
Public Domain
Redistributable
Special (see Copyright Notice)
The PHP License
University of Washington Free-Fork License
W3C IPR
W3C (see: http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software.html)
XFree86
X-like
--this-is-the-end--

--
HTML mails are going to trash automagically