FC2 release dates

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Fri Nov 7 09:38:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 07:47:52PM -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> hmm Makes a crunch for gnome 2.6 then. Looks like it will just miss it
> on that schedule. Maybe I'll talk to luis and see if there are plans for
> a 2.4.X release to fix misc bugs.

FWIW, I saw a mail on the Mandrake cooker list asking people to
completely keep GNOME 2.6 stuff out of cooker. It sounds like Mandrake
10.0 may still ship with GNOME 2.4.

Ok, I found the mail here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker&m=106811594208408&w=2

(Personally, I don't care too much about how the FC2 schedule goes. FWIW I
was mildly annoyed when FC1 was delayed for GNOME 2.4 -- I wanted to see
a release with RPM 4.2.1 and ExecShield sooner -- but I think it turned
out for the best in the end.)

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>