FC2 release dates

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Fri Nov 7 17:44:37 UTC 2003

> FWIW, I saw a mail on the Mandrake cooker list asking people to
> completely keep GNOME 2.6 stuff out of cooker. It sounds like Mandrake
> 10.0 may still ship with GNOME 2.4.
>
> Ok, I found the mail here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker&m=106811594208408&w=2
>
> (Personally, I don't care too much about how the FC2 schedule goes. FWIW I
> was mildly annoyed when FC1 was delayed for GNOME 2.4 -- I wanted to see
> a release with RPM 4.2.1 and ExecShield sooner -- but I think it turned
> out for the best in the end.)

Well I guess I'm thinking from two perspectives:

1. it will mean more testing for gnome, which is definitely good.
2. it could mean staying roughly in-sync with gnome which is not bad
3. if fc1 is gnome 2.4 and fc2 is gnome 2.4 then it's a good shot that
fc3 is gnome 2.8 - which is a bigger jump than gnome 2.4->2.6.

Also there is that whole 'things numbered 2.6' which is nice.

-sv