esound.spec has a description thats\' out-of-date

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Fri Nov 7 18:32:29 UTC 2003

jigorou3 at mail.goo.ne.jp wrote :

> In esound.spec, line 2, the description
>
> %define __os_install_post  /usr/lib/rpm/redhat/brp-compress
>
> should be
>
> %define __os_install_post  /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
>
> isn't it?
>
> Recent version of Red Hat Linux (and Fedora Core) doesn't have
> /usr/lib/rpm/redhat
> , and esound's build fails in default setting.
>
> So, I think it would be better for all to be fixed esound.spec in
> esound's next release...

I think  the "redhat" sub-directory and its files come from the
"redhat-rpm-config" package, which is responsible for quite a few things
regarding package builds.
Now the real question would be : "Why define that brp-compress instead of
leaving the default?"... to avoid stripping, maybe?

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
Load : 0.19 0.42 0.85