fedora-legacy agrees to enforce rpm upgrades? (was: Warren's Package Naming Proposal - Revision 1)

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Nov 7 21:07:44 UTC 2003

On Friday 07 November 2003 03:06 pm, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> Make it 3 then...  I support Warren's suggestion.  Perhaps others
> will speak up too if it is something up for democratic vote.  If
> it's not up for democratic vote, hail Warren!

4.  I mentioned the fact that Red Hat had already set the precedent back with
some errata packages for RPM with RHL 6.2, 7, and others.

By way of introduction, since everyone else is doing them, my qualifications,
etc, are as follows...

I have maintained the PostgreSQL RPMset since July of 1999, and had my RPM
work includedby Red Hat as part of RHL 6.1.  I have built various other RPMs
for my use, and have provided a few for other projects over the years,
including the BibleTime SWORD project KDE reader.  I have actively used and
developed on Red Hat Linux since version 4.1 in April 1997.  I am one of the
few enterprise users of the Aurora Linux distribution on a network of
UltraSPARCs at PARI.  I have operated an internet radio site (on Red Hat
Linux and RealAudio) since May 1997.  I have recovered from a root
compromise.  I currently maintain the AOLserver PostgreSQL driver.

And I of course try to show the benefits of Linux and open source at every
opportunity to every one.

A couple of things about me that are rather unusual among open source people
is that I am a duly ordained Baptist minister and am a professor at Anchor
Baptist Bible College, teaching English amongst other courses.
--
(Rev.) Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology