Re: Warren's Package Naming Proposal - Revision 2

On Friday 07 November 2003 14:49, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> Here is their release numbers : 0.8 -> 0.9 -> 0.10
> How should we set the RPM fields without using epochs in this type of
> versionning ? Is is a case where epoch is necessary ?

Does rpm actually fail on this?  My understanding was that it takes the
number after the dot as a whole, where as "8" is less than "9" which is
less than "10".

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: