Re: FC2 release dates

Jeremy Katz <katzj redhat com>:
> Having things so that both 2.4 and 2.6 work mean that the integration of
> 2.6 isn't going to be as smooth.

Agreed.  I don't know if my opinion counts for anything in this, nor
even if it should.  But I'd like to see FC2 go for 2.6 all the way
unless 2.6 has showstopper problems.

In general I think Fedora can, and should, take a bit more aggressive
forward position than stock Red Hat releases did.  Not that I'm knocking
Red Hat's policy, it made a lot of sense for a packaged consumer product.
But the tradeoffs are a little different now.  One important difference is
that apt-get/yum reduces the cost of being too aggressive in a major
release by making fix propagation easier.