Warren' rejection of cooperation with other repos

Stephan Windischmann windi at myrealbox.com
Sat Nov 8 15:44:05 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 16:09, tony wrote:
> Now that Fedora is also a Redhat repository does this mean that mp3,
> xine with decss, mplayer etc. etc. will be found there too? I think that
> we will still need to go elsewhere to get the rpms that put the
> finishing touch on any modern multimedia desktop OS.
For now, we'll probably have to get the *-mp3, mplayer, anything with
decss, and other mutlimedia packages from seperate repositories because
of copyright and patent issues.

While this is an inconvenience, I understand this, because I don't want
the Fedora project to have to bother around with lawsuits regarding
them.

-windi