Warren' rejection of cooperation with other repos

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sat Nov 8 17:16:58 UTC 2003

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 17:19:12 +0100, tony wrote:

> > Is the livna peoples rpm scheme fixed now?
>
> I installed Xine, ogle and tried mplayer a couple of days ago with yum.
>
> Xine and ogle had a couple of missing libraries that I had to go get
> elsewhere

It is *important* to understand that rpm.livna.org is not a standalone
repository but depends on packages in Fedora Core _and_ Fedora.us.  As
long as the fedora.us repository for Fedora Core 1 is not filled with
packages yet, you may need to live with the packages for Fedora Core 0.95
or even 0.94. Please give the build masters some time.

> and mplayer went into dependency loop hell and refused to
> install.

Do you have console output for that?