Re: TradeMarked Name --redhat-config-

> Well I know this sounds silly, but, in the case of yum people use it on
> non-redhat platforms. I'd actually feel bad telling them 'yah you need
> this red hat specific library, named rhpl' in order to use it.

But you don't feel the same about "You need the gnu C library" or
"gnu C compiler" or "Berkeley Yacc" or "Apache webserver" or or that
matter "Linux"...

Its only a problem if the library you really need makes it impossible to
port the app over surely ?

> putting the name of a commercial vendor in the library name is kinda
> 'blah' anyway.

IMHO it is the same in all cases. It's about credit.  Whether you'd keep
the command line redhat-config-foo on a non RH system is a different
matter altogether.

Alan