Re: Warren's rejection of cooperation with other repos

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 05:59:31PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> > o interrepository specifications (note "inter"!!!)
>
> Oh but that was NEVER the idea behind fedora.us. The idea was to create a
> repository run by community of packagers, not a community of repositories
> run by individuals.

Of course it was, at least by the people that were finaly driven away ...

> Why do you need 1000 different repositories if you can stick the
> packages into one?

Others have given good explanations to why we need that.

> I find it kinda funny that people who refuse to co-operate within policies
> and specifications created by the fedora.us community complain about
> fedora.us not co-operating with them :-/

Well, you should know that current fedora.us specs were also shaped by
the same people. Unfortunately vital components like interrepository
interaction were left out, and discussing these issues in March/April
wore all parties off, until many gave up on fedora.us.

The same question can be set the other way around: Why did fedora.us
had to reinvent the wheel once again?
--
Axel Thimm physik fu-berlin de