RPM submission script

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sat Nov 8 21:02:40 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote:

> as the example I gave to Nicholas, rpm -qi cups - read the description
> field, note the (R), notice that's it is 1 character, not 3.

What version of the package?  Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks
like three characters to me:

[gordon at herald:~]$ rpm -qi cups | od -c
0001360   i   n   g       l   a   y   e   r       f   o   r  \n   U   N
0001400   I   X   (   R   )       o   p   e   r   a   t   i   n   g

[gordon at herald:~]$ rpm -qi cups
Name        : cups                         Relocations: (not relocateab
Version     : 1.1.19                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 13                            Build Date: Thu 02 Oct 2003