ifmonitor broken by mysql RH9 errata and FC1

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Sun Nov 9 04:40:36 UTC 2003

On Saturday 08 November 2003 11:09 pm, Warren Togami wrote:
> ifmonitor is a very simple MySQL + PHP bandwidth monitor for Linux hosts.
> A simple C daemon stores your bandwidth usage in a MySQL table, and the
> bandwidth data can be viewed with a simple PHP web interface.

> Known Problem:
> ifmonitor fails to insert data into mysql-3.23.56-1.9 from RH9 Errata and
> mysql-3.23.58-4 from FC1. The original mysql-3.23.54a-11 from RH9 stock
> works fine with ifmonitor.

Does mysql have an equivalent to PostgreSQL's tcpip_socket config setting?
That is, can the server daemon be set to not listen to TCP/IP ports and only
to a unix domain socket?  This sort of complaint is common with PostgreSQL;
the canonical answer is to set tcpip_socket=true.  No, I don't use mysql.
PostgreSQL does everything I need; but the concept is similar.

What does netstat -a --inet say with the FC1/RH9update mysql running?  Diff to
the RH9 stock?
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology