Cached File system for use over the WAN

Bezalel, Yaakov Yaakov.Bezalel at ca.com
Sun Nov 9 13:55:31 UTC 2003

Hi Fellows,

Is there any current project or planned project that supports file
system access over
the WAN so that any access to a file on a remote server, will result in
a file copy
to a local cache on the requesting system, and all further requests for
that
file, will be provided from the local cache, unless the file was
modified.
For now I am discussing Read Only access on the remote client.

I think that I read of a future development for kernel 2.6 that includes
"cachefs" as a general
cached file system mechanism that can be incorporated within other file
system implementations.

For now I've since those options, but they do not seem as close to
"GA"...

http://www.inter-mezzo.org/
http://shfs.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,

Jack.

Yaakov Bezalel, GCIH
Computer Associates
Manager, Development Information Technology Israel
Tel: +972 3 6450072
Fax: +972 3 5480166
Pager: +972 3 6107199
Mobile: +972 53 994579