Cached File system for use over the WAN

Title: Cached File system for use over the WAN

Hi Fellows,

Is there any current project or planned project that supports file system access over

the WAN so that any access to a file on a remote server, will result in a file copy

to a local cache on the requesting system, and all further requests for that

file, will be provided from the local cache, unless the file was modified.

For now I am discussing Read Only access on the remote client.

I think that I read of a future development for kernel 2.6 that includes "cachefs" as a general

cached file system mechanism that can be incorporated within other file system implementations.

For now I've since those options, but they do not seem as close to "GA"…

http://www.inter-mezzo.org/

http://shfs.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,

Jack.

Yaakov Bezalel, GCIH

Computer Associates

Manager, Development Information Technology Israel

Tel: +972 3 6450072

Fax: +972 3 5480166

Pager: +972 3 6107199

Mobile: +972 53 994579